1) Calf Stretch: More forceful push off
2) Hamstring Stretch: Prevent overuse of quads during propulsion
3) Squats: Increase strength in the core and the large muscles around the hips
4) Double Leg Pelvic Tilt: Release low back tightness
5) Forearm Plank: Build tall posture & maintain strong abdominals
6) Dips: Strengthen upper back muscles to keep shoulders back
See full article here: http://www.runnersworld.com/getting-started/the-6-best-exercises-for-new-runners?page=6
Wellness Library Providing: Fitness Motivation, Healthy Lifestyle Coaching, Tasty Recipes, & Fit Tips!