Watching the 'Big Sur Marathon' this past weekend was so inspiring!
As I've never ran a marathon myself, I began to wonder how these mega-athletes recover from such a feat?
Post-Race Recovery Tips:
1) Resting for 3-7 days post-race allowing muscles to fully recover
2) Train Wisely (Prepare your muscles for the race-day-grind)
3) Roll Out on a Foam Roller
4) Eat Right (Protein Rich Foods & Water)
5) Ice Soak
6) Low Impact Exercise (Swimming & Cycling)
"As with training, the trick to full muscle recovery is finding what works for you. Each person's body is unique and may react differently to various post-race routines. It’s up to you to find that winning combination—and run with it!"
Read Full Article Here: